Cardboard from a shipping box
Construction paper, various paper scraps
1. Draw one side of your desired dollhouse and cut out.
2. Trace that dollhouse, add any other features you'd want on another house wall (fireplace, lamp post, bushes), and proceed to cut out that second dollhouse piece.
3. On the first house piece, cut a slit DOWN from the top about half way to the center of the house piece.
4. On the second house piece, cut a slit UP from the bottom about half way to the center of the house piece. This will allow your dollhouse pieces to connect together to stand.
5. Cut out half circles from construction paper to create your roof shingles. Glue that onto each roof side (4 total), working from the bottom of the roof to the top.
6. Cut out any windows you'd like on your house and paint on some house details. Use scraps of paper to make a sofa or pictures on a wall. Allow any paint to dry completely.
7. Connect the 2 slots together to have your standing dollhouse.
Use last week's DRESS ME UP printable glued onto card stock or cardboard as pieces for your dollhouse, or gather all the little dolls and furniture you can find to play house with your new slotted cardboard dollhouse. Gather all the cardboard you can find and make a neighborhood of cardboard dollhouses!